40 is the new. . . 80?
The email I sent to Trent tonight -
"Trent,
First, I want you to know that Coplea really does very well in history, except perhaps when we are cramming a ton of it in at 10:00 pm!
Second, I need you to know she must think you are really old!
We are discussing the age of exploration (De Gama, Cabot, Magellan, Columbus, etc.), and I was trying to get her to understand some of the motivations behind the men who went exploring. I asked her to compare it to what was happening "right around the time Uncle Trent was born". . .
. . . believing she would say, "Oh, the Space Race!" But, alas, she was silent.
I said, "Coplea, c'mon, you know what was going on when Uncle Trent was born."
She said, "You mean the Great Depression?"
Ya old guy!
wendy"
"Trent,
First, I want you to know that Coplea really does very well in history, except perhaps when we are cramming a ton of it in at 10:00 pm!
Second, I need you to know she must think you are really old!
We are discussing the age of exploration (De Gama, Cabot, Magellan, Columbus, etc.), and I was trying to get her to understand some of the motivations behind the men who went exploring. I asked her to compare it to what was happening "right around the time Uncle Trent was born". . .
. . . believing she would say, "Oh, the Space Race!" But, alas, she was silent.
I said, "Coplea, c'mon, you know what was going on when Uncle Trent was born."
She said, "You mean the Great Depression?"
Ya old guy!
wendy"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home