Monday, September 27, 2010

Toys and Tantrums

I went to Bedford and USA Drug this morning, in a hurry to scan a few photos (of David) and frustrated with our home scanner. While I waited my turn, I noticed a bin full of clearance summer items. There were the cutest little pretend cell phones with sunglasses for under $1. Just to make the girls smile, I bought two.

Gave them to the girls after lunch and thought they would play happily for an hour with them. . . dress-up clothes, purses, the works.

Boy, was I wrong!

Cate has been screaming and throwing a fit for almost half an hour now, all because she wants the color Caris received. I told her a simple "thank you" would suffice, but the tantrum has continued.

It dawned on me that God must feel like this sometimes. Giving a gift, just to bless me, and having me look around at what others have received rather than just smiling and thanking him for the gift.

Maybe He should give me a 'time out,' too.

Parenting is not for cowards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home