Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path
About a week ago, I found Caris in the bathroom looking at a piece of paper really close-up. Her nose was practically touching the paper, so I asked, "Caris, can you see the letters? Because if not, we can have your eyes checked." She looked up at me, startled, and I realized she'd actually been trying to hide a note she was writing.
To cover, I said, "When Callie started putting her paper really close to her eyes, that's how we realized she needed glasses."
Caris pointed out, "Yeah, and you have glasses, too, but you only wear them when you do your Bible study."
Wow! How very observant. I had never realized she took note of me reading my Bible and doing my CBS lesson in the mornings (before I put my contacts in). Such a precious thought to realize that my children are learning how to relate to God by observing me. Precious. . . and sobering.
I haven't missed my Quiet Time even one morning since. Little eyes watching me are an excellent motivator to "walk worthy."
To cover, I said, "When Callie started putting her paper really close to her eyes, that's how we realized she needed glasses."
Caris pointed out, "Yeah, and you have glasses, too, but you only wear them when you do your Bible study."
Wow! How very observant. I had never realized she took note of me reading my Bible and doing my CBS lesson in the mornings (before I put my contacts in). Such a precious thought to realize that my children are learning how to relate to God by observing me. Precious. . . and sobering.
I haven't missed my Quiet Time even one morning since. Little eyes watching me are an excellent motivator to "walk worthy."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home