Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Diversionary Tactics

Cate was instructed to remain at the table until she ate the bell peppers she had requested. I think there were only 2 left on her plate, and she was hoping for a peanut butter cup dessert afterwards. Everyone else was already outside playing (at Ozark Camp and Conference Center), while I prepared the evening meal to go into the crockpot.

Suddenly from behind me, I heard this steady little 3 year-old voice saying, "Mom. Just keep looking at the blue. .cutting. .board. . . chicken." (in her best "Put up your hands, and nobody gets hurt" impersonation)

I looked from the corner of my eye just as slyly as possible, head cocked, to see her slowly slipping her peppers onto the floor.

"Blue. cutting. board."





Caris came in, heard the story and asked, "Well can I have one (Reese's), 'cause I didn't have any peppers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home