Callie gets it!
Callie is an incredibly deep thinker. Her childlike faith, yet deep understanding of spiritual truths makes me stand in awe.
At FAITH training tonight, Chad shared what he had been learning in his Bible Study Methods seminary class recently. . .
[Chad]
I described an assignment that we (in our class) were to take the account from Scripture of the dialogue between Jesus and the two thieves who were crucified with him. I only read the Scripture aloud and asked the girls to tell me which of the characters in the narrative they most identify with. I had seen them as two extremes, one of them was full of pride and mocked Jesus, while the second thief, was humble and ashamed, and sought His mercy.
Callie answered "half like the man on his left and half like the man on his right." She proceeded to elaborate and with her childlike faith, she explained her understanding of the Gospel in a beautiful way. I love it that she tells us what she is really thinking and feeling, not just the "right" answer.
I can tell that her heart is tender because of her faith.
Amazing!
At FAITH training tonight, Chad shared what he had been learning in his Bible Study Methods seminary class recently. . .
[Chad]
I described an assignment that we (in our class) were to take the account from Scripture of the dialogue between Jesus and the two thieves who were crucified with him. I only read the Scripture aloud and asked the girls to tell me which of the characters in the narrative they most identify with. I had seen them as two extremes, one of them was full of pride and mocked Jesus, while the second thief, was humble and ashamed, and sought His mercy.
Callie answered "half like the man on his left and half like the man on his right." She proceeded to elaborate and with her childlike faith, she explained her understanding of the Gospel in a beautiful way. I love it that she tells us what she is really thinking and feeling, not just the "right" answer.
I can tell that her heart is tender because of her faith.
Amazing!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home