Monday, September 14, 2009

The mirror

Cate has been fussy, fussy today. There are alot of things I can put up with, and whining is not one of them. It's been a long stretch of hours with her constantly whining and pleading for whatever she doesn't have at the moment (juice, gum, a snack, that blanket, the doggie, and more).

I've been instructing her in love all day long. After the 100th episode of whining, I scooped her up just now and held her close, saying, "Please stop asking for things and just spend time with me."

Whoa. . . I'm thinking this day was designed just for me to hear those words come out of my mouth.

God must feel like that so often as He waits for me to come to Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miska said...

Wow, so beautiful, Wendy!

Thank you for your kind words to me; it was so good to hear from you.

That motherhood/dying to self thing is quite the lifelong lesson, isn't it? Not really what I signed up for, but wouldn't trade it for the world.

Happy mothering to you! =) And way to go w/ the homeschooling. That is amazing.

October 20, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home