Friday, March 6, 2009

Friendship

Coplea just brought me the card she created for Maddy (whose 12th birthday party is today). It was a sweet, sweet expression of Christian friendship.

Each of the letters of her name were carefully cut out of yellow and lime green paper (small and precise), and then glued onto light blue cardstock. Coplea added a few flower cut-outs she made as well.

The inside note read something like this:
"Dear Maddy,

I am so glad that you are my friend. Thank you for inviting me to your birthday party. I like rock climbing ALOT. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday and that soon you can come over to my house and . . . well, you know, just HANG OUT. I love you. Your good friend, Coplea."

God has provided many wonderful friends for our 11 year-old and we are THANKFUL! Chad and I have been spending a huge chunk of time recently praying about what's to come with youth group vs. more intentional gatherings at our home, etc. It's all such a big decision it seems. We are realizing more and more that it is about each child's personality and "bent" along with the friends they choose. So far, I have to say that Coplea has made incredible choices in the friends department.

Thank you, loving God, for providing Godly friendships for Coplea in Maddy W., Bailey S., Katie M., Merritt T., and Kinzie S. We are most grateful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home