Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Home Alone. . . Sort of.

Chad here. Wendy and I are enjoying a little time off from the high-end parenting role. Only the baby is with us for two nights. We get to stay up late and watch TV (if we really wanted to) or sleep late (if the baby would let us). So what is the difference? The big difference is the amount of silence we hear. The in-between time of Cate's wake time is amazingly quiet. It is nice, for a while. We don't have to worry about interruptions, arguments, jumps from the top bunk, injuries... but when you don't hear that stuff, you can grow to miss it.

It is, of course, good to enjoy some times of quiet with Wendy. We need that from time to time. However, I do miss myfairladies (#1-3). They are an incredible joy to me. "You got four girls?!!!" I hear from the occasional outsider. I proudly say "YES! I am living every man's dream. I have a house full of beautiful women and they all LOVE ME."

Truly, I love my daughters and cannot imagine my world without even one of them. I cannot give thanks enough for the gift they are to me. Don't forget myfairlady 00. (the first one). Wendy is the gift that gave these gifts to me.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home